An email has become a master key to accessing endless resources and tools in the cloud. If you have a Smartphone, you may have noticed that to download applications you need to have an email address.
In this article, we will explain not only how to create an email account, but also, what are the options and advantages you will get.
- One of the most important points is that your information will be organized. It will only stay in one place and be synchronized.
- Additionally, it is a secure email. This allows you to register immediately in sites without having to retype and reconfirm information.
- In this digital age, a professional email is relevant. It is an essential tool for connecting with prospects and clients in a professional manner.
Create an email using Gmail
We have talked about the most important points of having an email. Based on our experience, it seems to us that Gmail is the best tool to have an email.
- A Gmail email keeps you safe, and free from spam and malware. None of this will make it to your inbox.
- It has a lot of built-in tools. This makes it easy to stay in touch via chat or meetings.
- Plus, you can schedule emails to be sent. So you won’t forget to send a birthday greeting or a reminder anymore.
Who can have a Gmail account?
Anyone can create a general Gmail account, although there are age requirements.
As having a Gmail account gives you access to other cloud services, it has an age restriction depending on the country where you live.
What types of Gmail emails are there?
Gmail is just another Google tool, and with it, you have access to many other tools. That is why Google offers different types of accounts for different types of users, but there are mainly two types of accounts.
|Personal Google Accounts||Google Apps accounts (organization)|
|It’s free||It’s paid|
|Easy to use||Simple, easy-to-use, and intuitive mail|
|Provides access to all Google products and services||Provides access to Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)|
|Email format [email protected]||Mail with your own domain, [email protected]|
|Offers 15 GB of cloud storage to use Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos||The total storage space depends on the subscription you have and the number of licences included in this subscription.|
What is the difference between a Gmail email for you and a Gmail email to manage your business?
When you create a personal Gmail, you automatically have a Google account, which will give you access to Google services (from Chrome to YouTube) and access to useful features such as autocomplete, personalized recommendations, and more.
Additionally, all the Google services you use work seamlessly to give you proactive help with everyday tasks.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having an email on Gmail?
Gmail gives us access to numerous resources and tools on the Internet. In addition, we can synchronize the same information on the mobile and on the computer, which avoids wasting time when we are working.
Additionally, when we change cell phones, it will be easier for you because even the results of the games will be saved in the account.
Let’s review the main advantages and disadvantages of an email in Gmail.
- Can sit idle for a long time
- It has the Google search engine integrated
- It has integration with Google Docs
- It has effective filters to control Spam and unwanted advertising
- It has a label system to keep the emails organized according to the needs of each user
- It has integrated chat service “Google Talk”
- You can translate the emails without the need to copy and paste
- You can undo sends
- You can start virtual meetings
- Gmail attachment capacity is limited to 25 MB
Can I integrate Gmail with other tools?
As loyal users of Gmail, we are proud of its versatility. It is very easy to integrate it with tools such as Microsoft Outlook. Here are the steps:
- In Outlook, select File, then Add Account
- Enter the email address of your Gmail account and select Connect
- Select Next and enter your Gmail password.
- Read the instruction that appears and select Allow
- Done. Restart Outlook. Your Gmail email will appear in the folder pane.
What do I need to create a Gmail email?
Whether you create an account from your mobile or from a computer, all you need is the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Enter Recovery and Location Information
- Accept terms and conditions
How to create a Gmail email without a mobile number?
The mobile number is one of the requirements that Google asks for to generate an email in Gmail, but, let’s face it, this information can be very sensitive.
If you are one of those people who do not want to share information like that, we tell you how you can generate a Gmail email without a mobile number.
One of the ways is to set your age as the minimum age since Google will believe that being a minor you may not have a cell phone. For this reason, it will not ask you to verify your account through a mobile number. However, it will ask you for another email address, in which it would be convenient if you also specify the minimum age.
Another way is to create an account from your Android or iPhone, where you will have the option to skip this information. What you should do is:
- Open the Settings application from the application menu.
- Locate Accounts / Clouds and Accounts depending on your system version.
- Tap Accounts
- Choose Add account located at the bottom of the list.
- Select Google from the list. A Google window will open.
- Click Create an account at the bottom left of the screen.
- Enter your first and last name, then press the Next button.
- Enter your date of birth and gender and tap Next again.
- Select a new Gmail address or enter your own.
- Enter your password. Google will ask if you want to add a phone number. Press Skip to skip this step or More options. If you select the latter, you can choose to enter a phone number. Press “No, do not add my phone number”.
- Google will prompt you to review your account information. Click Next.
- Accept the Terms of Service. That’s it. You don’t need to enter anything else. You can use your new email and you won’t have to verify it with a phone number.
Step by step in creating a personal Gmail email from your computer.
As we have mentioned, having a Gmail email will open up endless access to wonderful tools that will make your day-to-day life easier and that is why we want to walk you through this instructional on how to create a Gmail email.
- Step 1: Click on Add another account
- Step 2: Click on Create Account
- Step 3: Choose For me
- Step 4: Fill in the requested information
- Step 5: Accept the terms and conditions, and you are done! Your account has been created.
Step by step to create a business account
When we work in our business, it is valuable to offer a professional image. That is why a business email gives a sense of seriousness and professionalism.
With Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) you can give that professional appearance, in addition to taking advantage of the structures that Gmail offers.
What you need to have prepared:
- Your own domain registered in your name
- Access to the domain management panel
- A credit/debit card
- The users and accounts you want to create
- It is a good idea to have all this before you start so that the step-by-step process is easier.
- Step 1: Access the Workspace website
- Step 2: Click the try it for free button
- Step 3: Fill in the data (Number of employees, First and last name, Your current email, Domain name, Main account)
- Step 4: Sign in to the account
- Step 5: Add more people to your Workspace account
- Step 6: Verify your domain so that Google can work as a mail provider
- Step 7: Confirm and pay.
As we have seen, it is a bit more complex than a personal account, but it is worth it. Workspace helps you do more from where you already are. Additionally, it helps to strengthen human connections and interact with your customers digitally and professionally.
Having an email account can make your life much easier, not only for the ease of registering to a site, but also for remembering passwords. Additionally, the possibility of using tools such as Drive, Photos, Documents, and Maps, among others.
On the other hand, the ability to retrieve your information from anywhere by simply accessing your Gmail account.