Nowadays, it is very important to organize a daily catch-up meeting, because due to remote jobs it is crucial to know how, when and in what way to do it for achieving the objectives successfully. You should also consider certain aspects that will help you to have a better dynamic in a meeting.
Have you ever had to hold a daily update meeting and did not know how to organize it? Don’t worry. In this article, we will explain the simple steps of how to do it and which platforms you can use. We will also give you some tips that will surely be very useful.
- The structure of a daily catch-up meeting is important for a work team.
- There are many dynamics that help to increase the participation and relationship between work teams.
- Meetings are divided into different types, and depending on this varies its organization and methodology.
What you should know about organizing a daily catch-up meeting
Organizing a daily meeting can often be difficult and tedious. However, it is very important to know how to organize it and have the best tools to be able to get more benefits and achieve better results in the work team.
What is the structure of a catch-up meeting?
The structure of a daily catch-up meeting is important for a work team, since it will depend on it to achieve the objective. It is recommended that if it is a daily meeting, it should ideally be a maximum of 15 minutes. However, if the meeting must be held to discuss a specific topic that requires more time, the meeting can be extended.
The steps to structuring a daily meeting would be:
- Choose the place or platform where the meeting will be held.
- Select the participants who will take part in the meeting.
- Organize the topics to be discussed. First, an introduction to the topic should be given to contextualize all participants on the subject. Secondly, a flow chart should be drawn up to clarify each item.
- Give each participant space to add information or ask questions in case there is any doubt about what has been discussed.
- Close the meeting and give a brief summary of what was discussed in order to clarify all doubts.
What activities to do in a daily meeting?
Some of the activities that can be done are group dynamics, games, and icebreakers for groups. For a daily meeting, you could do short question-and-answer exercises, but it is recommended that you do these activities once a week or every 15 days, as it could take more than 15 minutes.
What is the importance of a daily meeting?
The importance of a daily meeting is to be able to connect with the whole team and to be able to plan and discuss different ideas in favour of the company. Holding a daily meeting will allow us to be updated on every new development that the company is facing.
Talking every day will allow the participants of the meetings to be up-to-date with what is happening in the company and be able to find solutions together to any problem that may arise. This will help to manage a better workflow.
What not to do in a daily meeting?
There are some things that should be avoided in a daily meeting, since if it is not carried out in an organized and/or structured way, it will cause the work process to be delayed, and the proposed objectives will not be achieved. In this article we will tell you 5 things you should not do:
- Do not have a clear idea of what will be discussed at the meeting.
- Holding very long meetings that cover the same topics.
- Not knowing the meeting platform. In the case of a face-to-face meeting, not knowing the technological devices to be used or not setting the meeting room.
- Being monotonous in the dynamics.
- Being in noisy places makes listening difficult and complicates understanding the message.
Which platforms to use to organize a daily catch-up meeting?
The virtual era has made it easier for us to do many things, including being able to work from home. The way we make presentations has also improved and has allowed us to make presentations in a simpler and more creative way. In the case of virtual meetings, we will recommend you some didactic and easy-to-use platforms:
- Zoom: a videoconferencing platform in which you can make calls to different participants. It is also possible to share screens, chat and images. (See other best video conferencing software)
- Microsoft Teams: a team management platform where you can make video calls and attach files from shared folders. It also provides the option to create chats and customize profiles. (See other best collaboration software)
- Google Meet: is a call platform that helps us to connect with different users and make videoconferences. It also allows us to share documents and messages.
- Canva: is a design tool that allows us to make presentations and photo editions. At the same time, it allows us to make videos, posters, brochures, take templates for web pages, etc. It is very intuitive and easy to use. (See other best presentation software)
- Prezi: is a program for making presentations. This application is distinguished by its graphical interface and modern designs.
How to improve the dynamics of a daily meeting?
It is important to keep in mind that we should always be receptive when it comes to improving our daily meeting dynamics. In the same way, we should try to carry out activities that motivate the participation of all members. Some dynamics for a daily meeting would be:
- Quiz games.
- Small quizzes after a presentation.
- Draw and guess.
- Guess the word.
- Online Pictionary.
- Treasure hunt.
Types of daily meetings
There are different types of daily meetings that can be either virtual or face-to-face, but they will have different objectives and different time frames. Therefore, it is important to know what type of meeting will be held for better organization
It is carried out with the employees of a company, it can be from other branches or from a specific branch. It can be held at the head office or at one of the company’s offices. They are usually of a formal nature, with clear objectives.
It is a meeting held between several companies to agree on common agreements or policies. This type of meeting is formal and with official presentations.
This type of meeting aims to achieve contact with employees to build trust and better connections for teamwork. This type of meeting is usually more dynamic and interactive.
We can conclude that holding a daily meeting can be a difficult task, especially when you do not have enough experience. Remember that the most important thing is the organization and the type of meeting to be held, since it will allow us to evaluate important factors for its realization.
Likewise, we would like to emphasize the importance of the participation of the members, since this will make the meeting more enjoyable and will lead to a better understanding of the proposal to be presented. We hope that our tips and recommendations will help you to have an excellent meeting.